Looking after your nails during lockdown
Lot of us had our nails done just before we went into lockdown, ladies please don’t pick them off and damage your nails. This is a perfect time to have a break from our regular beauty treatments and give our skin, lashes, nails and hair a rest.
Soaking off gel nails…
A step by step guide to help while you are at home. If you have someone at home then this will help to reduce the time but if not don’t worry, it is still possible it may just take a little longer.
What you will need:
- A towel as a surface to work on
- A coarse nail file
- Cotton pad cut into small pieces
- Tin foil cut into little squares
- Acetone (or nail varnish remover with acetone)
- A cuticle stick
- Nail buffer
- Added extra: clear varnish & hand cream
- Lay towel over the surface you are using to protect it
- Scratch the surface of the gel with the nail file to remove the shine and break the seal
- Dip the cotton wool generously into the acetone, place on the nail and wrap tightly in the foil
- Leave for 10-15 mins
- Remove foil and cotton wool one nail at a time (if you remove all foils at once the gel will start to re-set)
- Scrape away gel making sure it is coming off with ease. If it isn’t re wrap for a couple of minutes
- Buff your nails to remove any remainder and to smooth, then file
- Apply hand cream
- Use cuticle oil daily to add strength and give nourishment to the nails
- If you have a nail conditioner/ top coat varnish (OPI nail envy) please apply and re-apply weekly
At Madison Beauty we offer gel remover packs at £15.00. If you would like one of these sets please message me and I can take payment over the phone and deliver to your door.
- Nail file
- Nail buffer
- Cuticle sticks
- Cuticle oil
I will add in extra cotton wool & foil
OPI Nail Envy £18.00
Please feel free to message me if you would like any guidance on gel nail removal.
Hope to see you all again soon, stay safe, Madison xxx< Back to Blog List